CG Publicity for Pinnacle Films
April 22, 2014
STARS OF FILM HEALING JOIN AUSTRALIA’S LARGEST RAPTOR AT THE AUSTRALIAN PREMIERE
Wednesday 23 April
RED CARPET PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES
Including the stars of Healesville Sanctuary’s Spirits of the Sky
Jess, the WEDGE-TAILED EAGLE
Millie, the BARKING OWL
Wednesday 23 April
Village Rivoli Cinemas
200 Camberwell Rd, Hawthorn East
5.30pm media accreditation opens
6pm guest arrival starts
7pm red carpet closes, film starts
Media accreditation: email@example.com 0416 22 72 82
HEALING is the highly anticipated new film from multi-award winning Australian writer/director Craig Monahan (The Interview – AFI Best Film Award Winner).
GUESTS CONFIRMED to attend include
Healing cast and creatives:
– Director/writer Craig Monahan (AFI Best Film winner The Interview)
– Don Hany, multiple Logie, AFI and ASTRA nominated actor & star of Healing, well known for his starring roles in The Broken Shore, Serangoon Road, East West 101, Tangle, Offspring, Underbelly and White Collar Blue.
– Mark Leonard Winter (Balibo, Dangerous Remedy)
– Tony Briggs (The Slap, writer The Sapphires)
– Harry Tseng (Felony, Reef Doctors
– Richard Stables (The Doctor Blake Mysteries)
– Joana Pires (Bafta award winning and Emmy nominated television miniseries Mrs. Biggs) – – – David Hirschfelder (composer & Oscar® nominee)
– Tait Brady (Healing producer)
Plus local personalities including:
– 52 Tuesdays star Tilda Cobham-Hervey
– singer/songwriter Archie Roach
– Glen Moriaty (Nine Network Postcards), Jo Hall (Nine News)
– Debra Byrne (Fat Tony & Co)
– Jenni Tosi, Film Victoria CEO
– Zoos Victoria CEO Jenny Gray
– Zoos Victoria Chairman Anne Ward
– Jess, the Wedge-tailed Eagle (Australia’s largest raptor) the ruler of the skies. Jess is 42 years old, Heavesville Santuary’s oldest animal, who has performed more than 350,000 fly-bys in the Sanctuary’s popular Spirits of the Sky show and appears on Australia Post’s 60c stamp!
– Millie, the Barking Owl
Healing is a powerful, moving story of redemption, the discovery of hope and the healing of the spirit – in the most unlikely place, for the most unique men, through the most unusual catalyst.
Don Hany (The Broken Shore, Serangoon Road, East West 101, Offspring) makes his feature film leading role debut as Viktor Khadem, a man who has almost given up on life after 18 years inside. Near the end of his sentence he is sent to Won Wron, a low-security prison farm 200 km outside Melbourne in regional Victoria, where Senior Case Worker Matt Perry (Hugo Weaving) has established a unique program to rehabilitate broken men through giving them the responsibility for the rehabilitation of injured raptors – beautiful, fearsome proud eagles, falcons and owls.
Against all odds, Matt takes on Viktor as his number one test case, introducing him to Yasmine, the majestic Wedge-tailed Eagle with a two metre wingspan. If these two can tame each other, anything is possible.
Inspired by real events, Healing is a new Australian film written and directed by Craig Monahan, the multi-award winning director of The Interview – Winner of Best Film – Australian Film Institute Awards.
The film was shot by Oscar®-winning cinematographer Andrew Lesnie (The Hobbit, LOTR, Babe, Bran Nue Dae) with music by Oscar®- nominated composer David Hirschfelder (Elizabeth, Shine, Strictly Ballroom, The Truman Show, Australia).
Don Hany and Hugo Weaving are joined by a roll call of some of Australia’s best talent including Xavier Samuel, Tony Martin, Mark Leonard Winter, Jane Menelaus, Robert Taylor, Anthony Hayes, Justine Clarke, Laura Brent and Tony Briggs.
HEALING is released in Australia on 8 May 2014 by Pinnacle Films.
Trailer YouTube link: http://youtu.be/RG7hQuVffOg
Running time: 119mins
Release date: May 8
For media information and images:
Cathy Gallagher 0416 22 72 82 firstname.lastname@example.org